Sunday, July 13, 2008

fotos de la vida



My class from El Escorial. We had a 4th of Juli festival and here we are enjoying the delicious PB cookies and rice crispy treats that I brought in.



Fourth of July celebration, we went out to eat at the American restaurant in the Mall. Please notice my patriotic colors.



Payday!



If you don't know what it is I will tell you in both languages: Rabo del Toro (esp) Bull's tail (eng) era rico = )

HOLA

The vida aqui en espana. Supongo que es bueno apuntar cositas en vez en cuando, para que te recordes que te ha pasado.
Basicamente, si puedo, busco oportunidades para quedarme aqui en otono. Volvre a Utah y VA en augosto y un parte de septiembre. y luego, volvre a espana para realizar un semestre de algo qui en una zona de madrid. Como te parece?
A mi me dice gente que tenga que orar para recibir mi respuesta de el bien y el mal. y creo que le he recibido, lo cual que me ha dicho que cualquiera hago sera el bien. No hay una difernecia de los dos - solomente distintos y supong que no voy a revolverme despues de esta ano (porque invierno me ire a mision,

I finished my first two weeks at El Escorial. They went well, actually really great. I really enjoyed my classes, the kids, and I was able to do a better job than I thought iwould be able to do. Well, no, I htink that if I had put more time and planning into it, I could have done awesomet higns, but considering the lack of time and materials - I really did some great improve things.

Anyway the first two weeks are over, and billy and kathy (my two friends of the program) are not working the next two weeks, so we will see how it goes. Hopefully I will get a long ok and enjoy myself with justin and esmerelda. Ok, goal for the next two weeks, talk with Oiga more. She seems to be ok, so maybe if I suck up a little I'll feel more accepted. O, and also want to ask her for reference letters at the end of the program - so don't forget! I want to have fun with my kids these next two weeks, I hope I can think of some fun stuff to play.

O, also, I haven't called yet, but I have seen a few signs for particulares from some spaniard for school subjects. I might call him and see if I can get a few spanish lessons. I think it would be a worthwhile investment. Because it is really starting to bother me how much I can not express myself in spanish - mostly my terrible/horrible pronunciation. I really want to be able to communicate better, with conversations with javi being the most prudent at the time - I just want to have a good conversation, know what i mean? I have three classes in the afternoon tmw, only Two on tuesday, two wednesday, only one on thursday, and two on friday. We'll see if i can fill in any more huecos. I am expecting one more class with Ana, Francisco, and maybe with carlos but he has been sketchy so I don't think so. Friday I have plans with some chicos from the stake to go dancing in madrid. Hugo, Jessica, Ricardo and I are meeting at the tren station at 10:45 to go into the city and meet up with some others. Hugo is a great kid, but sometimes I worry about him. He's trying to live two different lives with two different sets of standards and I don't know how long he will be able to keep it up. Anyway I pray for him because he has been a good friend.
Pablo tambien, he is always very smiley and happy. I wish I could joke with him like carolina does. I love the way she talks - so clickly an so clear. One day I will speak Spanish similar, lol one day.

No comments: