Saturday, May 17, 2008

More students and more work today. I didn't recieve that phone call form that sweet postion that I really wanted. I suppose that means I didn't get the job, but I still have a few days with nothing to lose so let's keep up that hope for a little longer. The niece of my madre moved in on Thursday. She has gorwn up in America with her Spanish mother and American father. She has never learned Spanish, so her mother has sent her to a foriegn country to learn it. I feel bad for the girl becuase she really has nothing to do all day. She is shy and dosent know how to say anything, so when I am not home she stays in her room all day. What a boring summer!
We have become firends though and last night she left a picutre that she drew on my bed (she is eleven) My goal is to help her learn Spanish, it has been hard though - In the house I am the translator and do the commnication for both parties involved. It has actually elped me with giving me lots of practice. Sometimes they ust say pointless things thought and you don't know if thats something that you need to translate to the other or to jsut let it slide. Now I see where a lot of power could come to this role.
Stil alive and well, going to MAdrid today to see my firend Louis give a talk in his ward.

No comments: