Monday, March 3, 2008

English Class opportunity comes! then leaves....

So, since day one I have been trying to find opportunities to teach in English classes. I went around to three different schools, leaving numbers, feeling like an idiot, knocking and knocking doors but to no avail.

But then my ironic luck pulls through. Tonight one of the schools calls me out of the blue, ans asks me if I can come in this Wednesday because they need someone for about foour hours. Hell?! this is what I've been praying for!
but no, I have to be leaving this week for a trip. I'll be gone all week til saturday. He didn't sound like there would be many more opportunities coming up soon.
sigh, oh well. at least I did try.

Also, I asked Jeremy, one of the students I met at the club who teaches English Clases here somewhere, if he had any suggestions for techniques teaching Maribel. He said show a picture of something and ask her to describe it. Take about the different perspectives. Or, have her read a paragraph: do reading comprehension, pull out any words that she doesn't know and discuss them.

2 comments:

Adam Murphy said...

Hell? Susie Salisbury! heheh

Paul Epperson said...

I think this is the first time your colorful typing skills have been this kind of "colorful".

Something that helped me learn more of the French language were just everyday activities (cooking, playing games, shopping, etc) that included us talking about what we were doing or just random things. Constant talking, along with using/handling whatever we were talking about, helped me to remember the vocab and grammar rules that I learned.