Saturday, June 21, 2008

Churros in Madrid




This week was full of adventures. Needless to say, I went out with quite a few times with different friends. Let me tell you a little more about my adventrues. Well Thursday came around and I only had one class. ( = ( as it is now summer time a number of my students are beginning to leave me = ( ) So I was free from 5 to 8, I just went back to the house and chilled out with my madre. I always love hanging out with her. At 8 I left to madrid to meet my good ole' friend Valentin. I can't get over how funny he is - just like the hugest guy you have ever seen but so loving, funny, and loves to sing and dance. We were planning to go see a moviebut ever theature we went to was closed. We continued our tour of the city just walking around, taking pictures, enjoying the warm night air. Although it was 12 in the evening, the streets were still filled with people. Once we got cones form McDonalds and jsut sat by the metro listening to all the different accents and people that walked by.
One time we say a girl take a dump by the tree, at that time we were ready to leave and went to find some places for dancing. Well by three o'clock we had not found any of our normal places open - I don't know why its was really strange, so tired and a little hungry (ok, really I wasn't hungry at this time in the morning but you know me, if there is the option, I usually don't turn it down. ) We stopped in a churro's bar and had some nice hot churros and chocolate, a Spanish must. That ended our night- we went back to Valentin's apt, he pulled out the mattress for me, and we both crashed for a few hours until seven when he had to leave for work and i returned myself back to Alcala.

1 comment:

Karianne Salisbury said...

Yea Susie, churros and chocolate sounds like something you would eat ALL the time! Where did the girl who refused to eat pizza cuz it was bad for you go???