Saturday, June 21, 2008

The second Run with the bulls




Yesterday I went to the Second bullfight of my Spanish experience. Javi is working at a number of them through the summer so I will probably have the chance to go and see alot more. I've actually been pretty lucky I think to be able to see this side of the toro's fight. I mean, we always have to go there early ( like Two hours ; O) we pick these other guys up too (they are always older) then we get there, everyone is setting up - picking out the sign titles, prepping and warming up the animals, I get to see the back where the picadors, matadors and everyone gets dressed and ready to go. Plus I help Javi get prepped in his little culturish outfit and help with the horse, her name is Botijo.
It was a pretty hot day yesterday, the summer is coming in. Aparantely they say it just keeps getting hotter from here. O what joy. Since Javi's bother didn't come with us this time, I just sat by myself to watch the show. (Javi has to be down by the rink watching the fight). For that reason I wasn't into it as much, the first time is definitely the most exciting, the most shocking, the most revolutionary. A lot of fun things happened in this one though, one time the horse guy got batted off, then chased by the bull. Another matador got ran over, then he continued the fight without his shoes on. Another bull just didn't want to play at all, so if took like ten minutes to get him to come out of the stall.
Anyway, I was glad I brought my journal and another book to read. I was writing half the time, and I guess with my glasses I appear to be quite the journalist, or as a number of people later asked Javi "Does your friend work for the paper?" I did get to bring home to batadors tambien,- the are the two colorful arrows that are slammed into the back of the bull. Cool huh? They still have the blood and everything all over them - lol. It was a present to me from Javi - which I know means a lot coming from him, because its not every person that has batadors from a bull fight.
Anyway, today I am going up to Madrid ward to visit Valentin and his supposedly awesome Sunday school class. Then after church we are going to have a dinner, Venezuelan style. Mmm I hope it is good.

No comments: