Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hermanas Hoy

I went out with the Hermanas today, just a few appointments but was really fun. I had asked them at church if I could come along with them one time. I don't know what people do when they go out with the missionaries, but I've wanted to do it since El Salvador when the missionaries there invited us to accompany them. Plus what better way to speak spanish and meet native Spaniards? WE visited a older woman nammed Lydia, I don't know why she wanted the missionaries over. She is from chile but spoke with the thickest '-theta' that I have ever heard. It was hard to follow, I think that she has or hasn't beent to church in seven years, couldn't catch which, she dosent think that the saints chould be worshiped as gods they were only prophets and... anyway the hermanas also asked me to share my testimony with her while we were there. yea..great times. It was really hard I don't even know what I said, but it felt good when it was over. One of the Hermanas, Hermana Rice, is really new to the area and her spanish is still not very good. She spoke in church on sunday and I remember not being very impressed - but today, I saw her - be amazing. She would not let her lack stop her from trying. She poke slowly but persistently. When she felt the psirit during the lesson she jumped in even when it wasnt her turn. And when she bore her testimony, it was powerful. I couldn't understand it, but I could feel it. I went to two otehr citas with them before I left but both no one else was home. I hope taht they will invite me out with them again it was a great experience.

2 comments:

Adam Murphy said...

Susie!!! Go missonary work! Your the best! Do you have any spanish scriptures?

nrm said...

so with multiple gods, if i'm reading this right, is mormonism a polytheistic religion? from what i understand, the mormon concept of deity is quite different than say, the christian concept.