Friday, January 18, 2008

Disco

We went to the disco-teca last night! It was quite the American experience. A bunch of us, about seventeen, met at the Plaza de Cervantes at 11:0. None of us knew the exact location for a dance club but we figured it wouldn't be that hard to find. On the other side of the Plaza, not far from us there was another group of students (I think from the University of Maryland) gathering to do the same thing. They actually had a place in mind so we jsut went with them. We actually ended up going to two differnt clubs, both smoke filled and blasting American pop stars. The funnest part was taht each place, it was the sober BYU crowd dancing it of as teh life of the party. Woo! Go mormon spirit! The dancing was incredible, and it was such a relief to jump and shout to English lyrics. I think that was the most satisfying part. It wasn't tell er walked home that we realized how bad we smelled. Ew! I hope Tia can get the smell out. Ok, funny story of the night: Keri and I got home around two, but we couldn't open the door. For some reason the key would not go in. We couldn't understand! We tried everything, even the garage but to no avail. I was up to kicking it on the doorstep for the night, but Keri (the more sensible of the two) had to pee and didn't think they would want us to be in the cold all night anyway. At first we knocked a little. Listened, no sound. Time for bigger measures: doorbell. BEEEEEEEEEEK. It seemed like it never stopped resounding in the silence. Oh no, I though, they are going to hate us! A little while after, we heard the upstairs window crack, saw a head appear, then shortly after heard footsteps on the stairs. As it turns out, Eduardo had left his keys in teh lock when we got home, thats why our keys hadn't worked. Tia was not upset at all, I was so releived it wasn't something we ahd done. We went to bed without showering so I think I need to wash my sheets.

No comments: