Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Boda Hoy




grandmas,
great family
candy, food drinks, talked to Alberto and his wife for the first time since I've been here. Why was I so scared of them before? I thought they looked so old and scary. We talked for about ten minutes, they showed me all of their pictures from Seville. Alberto is like his parents, he likes to show and talk.
Julio, the tio of Encarne, was one of the first of the family that I met. Immediate love. I don't know what it is about him but I just became friends with him! and his wife! Abuelo (thats what he told me to call him) talked to me a lot. A few times I brought them chocolates from the tables. The old ladies loved it when I brought them chocolates. I talk so easy with old people, if only every one was so free and unrushed. If I talk to anyone else, I feel that I have to hurry with what I am saying as not to waste their time, and if I do say something it has to be for a reason. Old people don't care what you say so simple - whats your faovrite color- questions are just as good to them as any other.
I love joking with old ladies and having them love you.
Another friendship was made, I now have to Madrid go hang out with the great aunt. I would rather go pasear the day with her than than go on a tripe with the group.
Perti, Abuelo's wife, showed me the flamenco on our way to the car. She just stopped midway through the hall way and started pulling me around in these crazy dance moves. She had the flaying arms and everything. Funnest thing in my life. I thought we would all die laughing.
Again, my decision to take dancing lessons is still paying off. The number of times to has come up in conversations and helped form friendships.
I love life sometimes.

No comments: