Thursday, February 21, 2008

La Cumpleanos de Mi Madre

Yesterday was my madre's birthday. I was really excited. I wish I had started thinking of something to do before so I could have done something really cool, now my head is filling with ideas but. But nonetheless, I made her a birthday card. I don't ahve a lot with me so ... lol, I ended up folding a piece of computer paper in half, and wrote a cute message with blue pen. I tore up a red and blue valentine that I had and glued pieces of it on the front for confetti.

She wasn't up when we left for school (i learned later that was her birthday gift to herself) so I left it propped up on the counter so it would be the first thing seen when you enter the kitchen. When I came home it was hanging on the fridge.

She loved it, and has been showing everyone who has come over, sisters, mothers, friends.

There was nothing I could think of to buy so I decided to help her with a ll of the household chores. We cleaned the kitchen! ironed! folded the clothes! then after all the housework we both sat in the saloon doing our needle work. I will make the best little old spanish woman some day.

I had to leave for dance class at seven and didnt get back until after dinner. So I wasnt able to sing - maybe next week when we officially celebrate and have a tart.

No comments: