Friday, February 29, 2008

Talking with Maribel

Hola

Ok, so Maribel is the chica that had been looking around for a talking companion. We met for the second time today.

Our intercambio actually works very well. We usually meet up at some specified place, then we will talk about what ever for two hours. One hour in English and one hour in Espanol. Sometimes its hard to keep the conversation going. If you have no reason to be talking or no information you need to talk about, it kindof makes everything you say unrelevant. So I jsut say everything taht is unrelevant. But it is really good practice for me and I am so lucky that someone is doing this for me, its great! I hope that i am helping her as well.

Today, it was nice outside so we just walked around the park. Actually, about an hour into it, she had mentioned that she had to go to the store to buy a present for a friend, so I opted to go with her. It felt better being productive and talking at the same time.

It was hard though, because it took her forever to decide on a gift, and I wanted to help but I don't know what her friend is like, and then I helped her finally decide but I think I helped her make the wrong decision and now I just dont know! sigh.

She is thirty two, has one older sister one older brother both married. She lived in England for two years working with an advertising company. After a while she completely hated it and moved back to Spain. She has been here for five months and is curently looking for a job. She had realize she doesn't like her line of work but is too old, and far along to change fields.

She perfers the outdoors and nature and loves the country. She dose not like to run, but is in a hiking club.

She wants to keep up her English.

Ok, well thats it for now, I don't know how many more times we will meet up before I leave but its been good so far.

layts

susie

No comments: